Ministry Partner: Miracle Hill
Who are they?
Miracle Hill exists so that homeless children and adults receive food and shelter with compassion, hear the Good News of Jesus Christ, and move toward healthy relationships and stability. The Miracle Hill volunteer program exists to connect people who have a desire to use their God-given talents with those in their care by offering opportunities that are personally meaningful to them and beneficial to the ministry. Lives are changed by relationships, and although a one-time partnership with them is helpful, they prefer the formation of ongoing relationships.
How does this partnership advance the mission of HPBC?
This partnership will help us as a church to foster connections with those who are hurting, in need, or in crisis. Through compassionate service and caring relationships, we will have opportunities to point individuals to Christ and move them toward wholeness, stability, and healthy relationships.
How can I be involved?
- Renewal Program volunteers are needed to help women who are overcoming addictions.
- Overcomers Program volunteers are needed to mentor men who are overcoming addictions.
- Shepherd's Gate volunteers are needed to mentor women who have been abused, poverty-stricken, abandoned, or dealing with addiction.
- Boys’ Shelter volunteers are needed to mentor young men (ages 11-21) who are at-risk, abused, or neglected.
- Emergency Shelter volunteers are needed to mentor and care for homeless individuals who need food and shelter.
- Spiritual Mentors are needed to volunteer to spiritually mentor and disciple men and women as they return to societal living.
- Foster parents are needed to volunteer to take children into their home until their parents can care for them again.
- Drivers are needed to volunteer to transport clients to doctor's appointments and other personal errands.
- Teachers for various programs are needed to volunteer help with a variety of ongoing programs at Miracle Hill.
- Kitchen aides are needed to volunteer to cook for one of the resident programs.